On Saturday, Stobart Air — the operator of Aer Lingus's regional services — announced that it would appoint a liquidator,…
LATAM Announces New Sanitary Measures for Brazil, Chile and Peru
LATAM Airlines announced the entry of new restrictions that South American governments have established for travelers. The measures stated apply to travelers in Brazil, Chile and Peru. These restrictions are for international flights, but there are also requirements for domestic flights.
New Measures Stated by Chilean Government
According to the announcements made by the Chilean Health Authorities, from March 31, all passengers entering Chile, regardless of their nationality and country of origin, must take a new PCR COVID-19 test upon arrival to Chile (in addition to the one necessary to travel).
Passengers also have to carry out a mandatory 5-day quarantine in a transit hotel designated by the authorities, the remaining 5 days can be done at the address declared by each passenger to continue the mandatory quarantine.
The costs associated with the stay in the Sanitary Residence and taking the PCR COVID-19 test in Chile must be assumed by the passenger, except for those who have started their trip (out of Chile) until March 27.
New measures that passengers should consider before entering Peru
To enter Peru, passengers must comply with the following provisions:
- A negative result of a PCR COVID-19 test performed no longer than 72 hours before arrival in Peru. You can also present the medical certificate of epidemiological discharge, and in the case of children under 12 years of age, it is only required to have a medical certificate of good health;
- Complete the traveler’s electronic affidavit of health, within the previous 72 hours in the online format: https://e-notificacion.migraciones.gob.pe/dj-salud/; and,
- During travel, you must use a mask and face shield.
Suspension of Flights to and from Brazil and Leticia, Colombia
According to the restrictions made by the Ministry of Health, from January 29, all flights to and from Brazil are suspended. Similarly, and also as a result of the suspension of commercial flights from Leticia, Colombia and to any destination.
All passengers with flights affected by cancellations may choose to leave their ticket open to request the change later or reschedule their flight at no cost through the mobile application, the website or calling LATAM’s contact center.
LATAM temporarily suspends regular flights from Brazil and Chile to Argentina
LATAM Airlines stated that, based on an announcement defined by the Argentinean Government, the carrier temporarily suspends regular operations to and from Santiago de Chile and São Paulo from Monday, March 29 to April 9. The restart of these operations will be subject to the determinations of the Argentine authorities.
In this sense, LATAM is working to provide solutions to passengers affected by this measure, taking into account that the authority may enable flights by exception whenever conditions allow.
Customers with canceled flights may choose one of the following alternatives:
- Make a free change in the same cabin of the original trip;
- Leave the ticket open, as long as they respect the validity of the ticket;
- Change destination without penalty, but fare difference applies; and,
- Request a refund.
- Aeromexico, Volaris Bolster Fleets with Addition of New Aircraft - June 13, 2021
- LATAM Colombia Recovers Its Schedule to 100% - June 12, 2021
- SKYTRAX Rates LATAM with The Highest Score Achieved in South America - June 5, 2021
Pompano Beach, Florida-based Southern Airways Express is one of the largest commuter airlines in the United States and operates over…
LATAM Colombia announced Friday the growth plan that the company will execute in the second half of the year in…