British Airways is increasing its flights to Portland, Oregon (PDX) and Pittsburgh (PIT) for the 2023 summer season. The British…
Air Canada Resumes Thirteen Caribbean and South American Holiday Destinations
With the start of the northern winter season, Air Canada continues to restore its leisure network with the resumption of thirteen holiday routes from Toronto (YYZ) including beach destinations in Mexico, Florida, and the Caribbean, as well as other popular locations such as Panama and Peru. Early in the first quarter of 2022, the airline was forced to suspend multiple services because of an increase in COVID-19 cases.
More flights to the Sunshine State
The airline resumed operations from Toronto (YYZ) to Sarasota (SRQ) and West Palm Beach (PBI) reinforcing its presence in the state of Florida. It is also the only airline to offer non-stop service from Canada to both destinations.
- Toronto (YYZ) – Sarasota (SRQ): daily flights on Airbus A321/A319 operated by Air Canada Rouge.
- Toronto (YYZ) – West Palm Beach (PBI): daily flights on Airbus A220-300 and A321.
According to data obtained through Cirium, the Canadian company will offer 89,928 weekly seats between Canada and Florida. The resumed routes will complement services to Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Orlando (MCO), Miami (MIA), Fort Myers (RSW) and Tampa (TPA).
Strengthening connectivity to the Caribbean
Air Canada is bringing back six Caribbean destinations, most of which were suspended earlier this year due to health restrictions caused by the increase in COVID cases.
- Holguin, Cuba (HOG): Mondays and Wednesdays on Airbus A319 operated by Air Canada Rouge.
- Grenada (GND): Thursday and Sunday on Boeing 737 MAX 8.
- San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU): Saturday and Sunday on Airbus A220-300.
- St. Kitts (SKB): Saturday on Airbus A319 operated by Air Canada Rouge.
- St. Maarten (SXM): Saturday on Boeing 737 MAX 8.
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines (SVD): Tuesday and Friday on Boeing 737 MAX 8.
The Canadian carrier is the only airline to offer nonstop service between Canada with SVD and SKB. According to Cirium, Air Canada will offer 55,272 weekly seats to the Caribbean this winter.
Increased offering of sunny destinations in Mexico
The Canadian carrier resumed three sunny services in Mexico, increasing its network to seven destinations in the Aztec country.
According to data obtained through the Federal Civil Aviation Agency (AFAC), Air Canada mobilized 218,618 passengers and 771,062 tons of cargo in the period between January – September 2022 in 1,673 operations. The company is currently the third largest airline operator in this segment with a market share of 18.4 percent.
- Toronto (YYZ) – Zihuatanejo (ZIH): Saturday on Boeing 737 MAX 8.
- Toronto (YYZ)- Cozumel (CZM): Monday, Thursday and Sunday on Airbus A319 operated by Air Canada Rouge.
- Toronto (YYZ) – Huatulco (HUX): Tuesday and Saturday on Airbus A319 operated by Air Canada Rouge.
According to Cirium, the airline will offer 42,632 seats per week between Canada and Mexico. These services are complemented by operations to Cancun (CUN), Mexico City (MEX), Puerto Vallarta (PVR) and San Jose del Cabo (SJD).
According to data from the CAIA, between January and September of this year, 2,016,998 passengers have flown between Canada and Mexico, with an occupancy factor of 78.91 percent. After the sanitary flexibilization between both, the market between these nations has recovered significantly, with the arrival of the winter season many Canadian travelers will be looking for sunny destinations for their vacations.
Resumption of services in Central and South America
After more than two and a half years, Air Canada resumed operations from Toronto (YYZ) to Panama City (PTY) and Lima (LIM). The company is the only Canadian airline to offer non-stop service to the United States.
- Lima (LIM): Tuesdays and Fridays on Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
- Panama City (PTY): Friday and Sunday on Airbus A319 operated by Air Canada Rouge.
This article was originally published by Rainer Nieves Dolande on Aviacionline in syndication with AirlineGeeks.
- Air Canada Resumes Thirteen Caribbean and South American Holiday Destinations - November 20, 2022
- United Airlines Begins Operations in Colombia with its Boeing 737 MAX - November 20, 2022
- British Airways Increases Flights to Portland and Pittsburgh - November 20, 2022
On November 14 Viva Aerobus inaugurated its flights between Toluca International Airport (AIT) and Puerto Vallarta (PVR). This is the…
With the start of the 2022/2023 boreal winter season, three Canadian airlines resumed operations to Puerto Rico. Carlos Mercado Santiago,…