A couple of weeks ago, I was perusing the latest aviation news from around the internet. I was looking specifically…
United Launches New Amenity Kits and Changes to Catering
In an internal memo, United announced it will be introducing new amenity kits to its GlobalFirst and BusinessFirst premium cabins. In addition, it announced several changes to catering, which will take place on March 1.
New Amenity Kits
The new amenity kits will feature a tribute to United’s heritage. Wrapped in two unique postcards, which feature early 20th century images from the airline’s historical archives. There will be a total of six different postcards for customers to collect. The same award-winning, all-natural skincare products in the current amenity kits will be found in the new ones.
Beginning March 1, United will be making a number of changes to catering. Most of these changes will not be noticeable to customers.
- New napkins that were co-branded by United and Coca-Cola. United plans to launch this as a soft cut-over launch, meaning the airline will wait till its current inventory is depleted.
- Meal carts and carriers that contain food for domestic and international widebody flights from Chicago—Ohare will now be delivered to aircraft sealed.
- Large black tea bags between the U.S. and Frankfurt.
- Moscow Mule service expanded to domestic premium-cabin beverage carts
- Discontinuing of the Duos Snack Pack. Hummus and Pita combo packs will be boarded if inventory is depleted before March 1. A replacement product is expected to be announced soon.
- New United Economy pre-meal beverage snack on flights from Lagos to Houston will be a Nigerian snack, Minimie Chinchin. This will replace Bella Bruschetta chips once inventory is depleted.
- 375-mL half-bottles of premium for-sale wines will be expanded to domestic United Economy beverage carts.
- Refreshing of Choice Menu Bistro On Board items
- United CEO Oscar Munoz Sends Off Team USA at San Francisco Gate Celebration - February 7, 2018
- “Alexa, Is My Flight On Time?” United Collaborates with Amazon Echo - September 1, 2017
- United Raises a Glass to Veterans - November 3, 2016
Amid a global crisis that has practically reduced global travel to a skeleton of what it once was, a small,…
The effects of the coronavirus crisis on air transport demand are well known by now. A sheer drop in demand,…