Hong Kong has temporarily barred Cathay Dragon’s flights from Kuala Lumpur and all Air India flights from operating in the…
5 Valentine’s Day Activities for #AvGeeks
Valentine’s Day is this Sunday and while many couples will have a standard dinner and a movie date, us aviation enthusiasts are always thinking of ways to change things up. Here are seven #AvGeek Valentine’s Day ideas:
1. Go planespotting
Yes, it is that simple. Grab a camera, a radio scanner, and drive over to your local airport to watch some aircraft movements. If you are really feeling it, perhaps make it into a picnic.
2. Watch a good aviation movie
Grab your 787 coffee mugs, fill them up with some hot chocolate, and turn on your favorite aviation film. We recommend our new documentary Grounded, but that’s a little bias on our part.
3. Go to a local aerospace museum
Sometimes, museums can be a fun way to show off your knowledge of aviation and to learn other stuff about the ever-changing aerospace industry.
4. Do a discovery flight
Many flight schools offer some kind of “discovery flight” in which you can go hands on and experience how an airplane flies accompanied by a flight instructor. After all, flying is romantic.
5. Surprise your significant other with a flight to an exotic destination
For us #AvGeeks, there is no better Valentine’s Day gift than to fly somewhere and with a significant other, it is even better.
- Photos: Boeing Shows Off Latest ecoDemonstrator on a 787-10 - August 26, 2020
- Inside Look: How an Airliner is Returned to Service After Being in Storage - August 7, 2020
- Interview: Regional Carriers at Fulcrum of U.S. Airline Industry Recovery - June 29, 2020
Qantas Airlines recently announced a “flight to nowhere” that sold out in ten minutes. The flight will be a scenic…
While the original goal was to create a large brand image, Virgin Australia’s 2020 might have caused the airline to…