This week United Airlines filed flights between Lagos, Nigeria and Washington Dulles from November 29, 2021. Initially, these flights were…
United Offering $70 Fares to Destinations Over 70 Degrees
After nearly a year of stay-at-home orders, people are desperate for a vacation, and many are thinking about beach destinations this spring and summer. Fortunately, on Tuesday, United Airlines announced that dozens of its routes would be on sale for as low as $70 beginning Mar. 5. The carrier is advertising “fares under $70 to destinations over 70 degrees” for one-way flights from its hubs in Chicago O’Hare, Denver, San Francisco, Houston/George Bush Intercontinental Airport, Newark Liberty and Washington Dulles. The airline is also offering discounted flights from some of its smaller markets, such as Orlando, Los Angeles and Austin.
United’s low-fare promotion includes 50 routes to over a dozen warm-weather destinations. The one-way flights cost as little as $70, equating to 7,000 miles plus $5.60 in taxes and fees. The $70 is actually for regular economy seats; for even cheaper fares, like in basic economy, customers can book basic economy for as low as $39. Here is the complete list of promotional routes:
- San Francisco to Phoenix, Los Angeles, Orange County, Ontario and Las Vegas
- Houston to Phoenix, Orlando, New Orleans, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Atlanta
- Chicago O’Hare to Phoenix, Orlando, Fort Myers, Tampa, New Orleans, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Atlanta and Baton Rouge
- Newark Liberty to Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Orlando, West Palm Beach, Fort Myers, Tampa, New Orleans, Las Vegas and Atlanta
- Denver to Phoenix, Tucson, New Orleans, Palm Springs, Los Angeles, Orange County, Ontario, Las Vegas, Burbank and Atlanta.
- Washington Dulles to Savannah and Los Angeles
- Los Angeles to Las Vegas and Phoenix
- Austin to Los Angeles
- Baltimore to Los Angeles
- Burbank to Phoenix
- Las Vegas to Los Angeles
- Ontario to Phoenix
- Orlando to Los Angeles
It is important to note that the reduced fares are not offered for all dates and departure times, so travelers will need to be flexible. However, if plans fall through, the carrier is still waiving all change fees.
Routes Using the 737 Max
The discounted routes come just as United added the Boeing 737 MAX back to its schedule. The aircraft are based in Denver and Houston and operate coast to coast, with the first flight completed on Feb. 11. Since its relaunch, United has been aggressive in its usage, with over 30 daily departures. In comparison, American Airlines, which was the first U.S. carrier to fly the jet again, started with only two daily flights from New York-LaGuardia to Miami.
The 737 MAX will be used on several routes, including a few of the promotional ones listed above. Specifically, the aircraft will appear on routes from Houston to Orlando, Phoenix, Los Angeles and Las Vegas, and from Denver to Las Vegas. This is great for those eager to fly on the jet without breaking the bank.
- Onboard JetBlue’s Inaugural Flight from New York to London - August 12, 2021
- JetBlue Launches First New York to London Flight - August 11, 2021
- DHL Express Partners with Eviation to Build a Fleet of Electric eCargo Jets - August 4, 2021
British Airways announced on Wednesday the expansion of its 2022 summer schedule with the addition of flights to the Portuguese…
Finnair has announced it will add frequencies and destinations to its network this Winter in response to rising travel demand.…