TAAG – Linhas Aéreas de Angola revealed its new leadership during an extraordinary general assembly, setting the stage for an…
Spirit Airlines Expands Puerto Rico Operations with New and Increased Flights
Spirit Airlines is set to expand its operations in Puerto Rico during the 2023 summer season with the introduction of five new nonstop routes from San Juan to Atlanta, Hartford, Dallas/Fort Worth, Detroit, and Chicago O’Hare. The airline also plans to increase its existing services from Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport to Baltimore, Newark, Fort Lauderdale, and Orlando.
This expansion will bring Spirit’s total number of nonstop routes in Puerto Rico from 11 to 16. The new flights are set to begin in June of 2023.
- Atlanta (ATL): daily flights beginning May 5
- Hartford (BDL): three weekly flights beginning June 7
- Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW): daily flights beginning June 5
- Detroit (DTW): daily flights starting June 5
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD): daily flights beginning June 5
Increased Operations on Existing Routes:
- Baltimore (BWI): increases from one to two daily flights effective May 5
- Newark (EWR): increases from one to two daily flights effective June 7
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL): increases from one to two daily flights effective April 5
- Orlando (MCO): increases from four to five daily flights effective May 5
“Spirit Airlines has served the Puerto Rican community for more than two decades, offering affordable fares to connect family and friends in the United States. Puerto Rico is our number one destination in the Caribbean, with its rich history and culture, renowned beaches, rainforest and the world’s brightest bioluminescent bay,” said John Kirby, vice president of network planning for Spirit Airlines.
“We are continuing our growth in San Juan with five new nonstop routes, reaffirming our commitment to the island and making it even easier to travel more frequently,” Kirby added.
This article was originally published by Rainer Nieves Dolande on Aviacionline in syndication with AirlineGeeks.
A grand jury has dropped attempted murder charges against a former Alaska Airlines pilot accused of trying to cut the…
A China Eastern Airbus A330-300, performing flight MU-721 from Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport to Hong Kong International Airport, when about…